Medical negligence of all kinds has the potential to cause serious and lasting harm, injury, and disability. But when it comes to ligating these cases, there are often many legal obstacles. In many cases, patients have agreed to accept some risk when undergoing certain treatments or procedures.
While many risks are avoidable, medical professionals have a duty to follow established standards of care, obey health regulations, and do everything they can to avoid causing injury and harm. If you believe you have suffered injury or harm because of an avoidable error, you can and should work with a lawyer to hold the guilty party responsible.
At The Law Offices of David B. Shapiro, Mr. Shapiro and his legal team will work with you to determine whether a medical error may have been the cause of your injury or harm. Mr. Shapiro will consult with
medical experts around the country to determine the validity of your case. With David B. Shapiro’s experience, guidance, and assistance, you may be able to prove you are entitled to the compensation you need to move forward with your life.
- Improper diagnosis
- Failure to diagnose
- Medication errors
- Errors in prenatal diagnostic testing
- Failure to advise a patient of the diagnosis
- Lack of informed consent
- Abandonment, or failure to attend to a patient
- Improperly prescribing a drug
- Failing to inform the patient of available treatments
- Continuing a treatment that has been shown to be ineffective
- Prescribing a treatment that does not meet the standard of care
- Incorrectly performing a medical treatment
- Failing to refer the patient to a specialist